By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Focus Feature: Evolution

By [XyaLe] - ANKAMA - December 16, 2016, 16:30:00

In DOFUS Pets, you'll take care of a pet from its earliest days until adulthood; raise it, heal it, educate it, entertain it… many actions which will allow it to develop in different ways throughout its growth.

The Pet's Growth

Growth and evolution are two separate mechanics in DOFUS Pets.

Like all living beings, your companion grows and gets older over time. During your game experience, they are led to go through 4 different states: baby, child, adult, and mature. This is what we call the pet's growth.

Changes of state are paced by a fixed growth cycle, and each one of them reflects the behavior you choose to adopt towards your companion.

Therefore, if you're the kind who plays mother and whispers to your pet, they'll tend to leans towards a pleasant and esthetically pleasing state. In contrast, if you think nothing of their health and hygiene, your companion could turn into a real swine… This is what we call evolution.

A classic game loop is to raise your pet, obtained in the baby state, until the mature state, unlocking the evolution of your choice.

Types of Evolution

For each companion, there are 6 types of evolution*: Measured, Paunchy, Icky, Charming, Bontarian, and Brakmarian.

*The characteristics and designs presented below are work in progress. Changes will be made in the coming weeks and months.

Measured

Measured pets have received ordinary care from their owner; not too much, not too little, so much so that no orientation has stood out during their growth.

• Measured pets present neither bonuses nor penalties.

Paunchy

Paunchy pets are reputed for their love of good food. Yes, candies allow you to make a pet happy both quickly and easily, but pay attention to their calorie intake!

• Paunchy pets are always hungry, so they quickly multiply your food bill.
  • Paunchy pets love to eat; thanks to their persistent meals, they're easily made happy.

Icky

Icky pets haven't been given enough attention and care. Left to their own devices, they've somehow developed, modeled on their foul environment...

• Icky pets are frequently ill, but much more resilient to effects than their fellow pets.
  • Because Icky pets aren't used to cleanliness, they tend to become unhappy when washed.

Charming

How classy, how splendid, how stylish! Charming pets have everything going for them, thanks to the unwavering care and attention of their master. They're a perfect example of pets who've been pampered through and through!

• Charming pets absolutely have to be beautiful and at the top of their game, so their delight is increased especially when they're washed and pampered.
  • Charming pets are very precious; they need to be regularly dolled-up and to vary their appearance.

Bontarian

Bontarian pets are full of nobility; they are the reflection of a wise and just education, as well very protective attention from their master.

• Bontarian pets are resolute and thoughtful, rarely temperamental, and tend to be most easily pleased in the company of their master.
  • Bontarian pets are used to being guided and protected, and present a great need for attention.

Brakmarian

Brakmarian pets are the symbol of conflict with authority; educated in often overly harsh and unjust ways, they've learned how to fend for themselves by flouting convention.

• Brakmarian pets are highly self-sufficient, and require very little daily attention.
  • Brakmarian pets are of a rasping nature; they're no model of obedience, and are especially difficult to get on with.

And then what?

With each game loop completed, you are presented with two choices:

• You can decide to keep your pet in DOFUS Pets: you won't need to take care of it on a daily basis any more, and it will help you continue on your adventure, especially when it comes to collecting various resources.

• You can decide to part with your pet… to better meet up with it again: you can choose to transfer your pet in the mature state to DOFUS, DOFUS Touch or WAKFU, so it can join your avatar on their adventures in the World of Twelve.

But to find out more about these game perspectives, the various pets which will be offered in DOFUS Pets, or for plenty of other things: see us in the next article!
Reactions 23
Score : 146

Hmm... Why don't have Gobbly/Gobball/Gobette ?

0 0
Score : 288

More pets will be added later

0 0
Score : 146

And where is Amakna and Sufokia style? It is no fair if no all 4 nation get their relevant specific one~

0 0

It's represented that wa because of the Bonta-Brakmar rivalry, the comflict between the city of the gods vs the city or Rushu

0 0

Is tapping the pet supposed to turn it very brakmarian?

0 0
Score : 52

Sometimes its work. But u get so many - Joy points and ur pett are depresed.

0 0
Score : 52

Okey, I have a question.
If my pets will be mature i can get him for free in wakfu or I must pay 250 gems? Bc i just saw that option

1 0
Score : 137

Are there plans for the mount to be based on the type of your pet? A brakmarian giant bow meow sounds amazing.

0 0
Score : 1

Como eu adquiro uma Montascote ? Preciso liberar todos os 6 tipos de Evolução de um Pet na forma Madura? Ou ele precisa ter a forma Madura Comedida? Porque eu terminei de evoluir um pet e ele virou Bontariano na forma Madura, mas eu esperava liberar a montascote o que não ocorreu, o que foi muito frustrante.

0 0

hi, my pet is mature (tofu-DIDO his name) in the brakmarian type, when will i have the opcion to tranfer my pet to Dofus? 

0 0

i got my cat into mature already and have 300 gems but i cant transfer him into the game plz help

0 0

I have the exact same problem, just with boon. Someone help us.

0 0

After my pet gets mature, does his screen go back to the egg selection screen, does he get aloof?

0 0

A) Yes
cool what?

0 -1
Score : 54

o medido deve ser um pouco mais complicado, eu quero muito ele *_*

0 0
Score : 6

Hey Guys!
I want my BowMeow Zottel to develop into an Icky-Form, but I'm afraid it will not work the way I do it right now. It has turned into a brakmarian child yesterday with 32% Brakpoints and 31% Bontarian points, and sadly only 15% Icky. Here is what I already did:

• Zottel wears an Icefish-hat leveled up to 3, it wears the Atooins mask lvl 2, and this Fish-sword lvl 3
  • There is always at least one doodoo
  • Zottel alwas stinks at the middle gauge til max gauge
  • I try to avoid earn Brak- or Bontapoints by not reacting to his wishes. But when he refuses something, you'll sadly gain automatically Bonta- or Brakpoints.
  • Until now i always healed him from sickness (so Zottel won't pass away in a few minutes...)
Do you guys have any idea, how to raise the Icky-Points further ? Any suggestion is appreciated - thanks in advance!
0 0

Update: I pushed the hat to 10, glasses to 4 and the sword to 8 (icky). Poor Meow sits in her doodoos since ever. And i am still not getting icky over 22%. Someone any idea how to raise icky since it is a quite passive build ?

0 0

Nah nevermind, i tried so hard, so it became Measured now instead. Not what i wanted in the first place, but it's OK.

0 0
Score : 2

Hi I’m trying to raise a Icky boon and I may have accidentally washed it at the start but ever since it hasn’t pooped again and his brak/bont stats keep going up, any way to make them poop more often or faster? Any advice would be great thanks

0 0
Score : 835

Hello,

First, don't answer to its requests by caress or slap, to prevent to earn Brakmarian/Bontarian points.
There is no technique to help him du poop more often, just wait. And don't wash it.
If you washed it when it was a baby, you have time to repair this mistake.

Sincerely,
toutimamos

0 0

1) - Please can you tell me if there is any advantage to purchasing the more expensive weapons and equipment?

For instance all weapons seem to give +1 start off with, but is that +1 different say x10 from the next tear of weapons down or is the additional expense simply a fashion choice?

2) - Can anyone tell me how to unlock the Dragon character, is it possible on an iPhone?

0 0
Respond to this thread