By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Focus Feature: Social Interactions

By [XyaLe] - ANKAMA - March 22, 2017, 18:00:00
AnkaTracker Blog

"Playing DOFUS Pets is fun, but with friends, it's even better". Discover a new trove of social features to share with your friends!

Beyond the casual aspect, we are committed to developing the social and community side of DOFUS Pets, thanks to various communication and interaction methods between players, whether for competition or simply to chat.

Once online, the player will have access to their Ankama account friends list. This dedicated interface will allow them to easily contact or visit a friend.

To expand on this, we're working on specific social mechanics. Here are three that we are considering in the short term:

The Skins Contest

With the customization system and the multiple different styles a pet can sport, we would like to allow image and personalization addicts to have it out in multiplayer contests, where only originality and esthetics would matter.

Pets would enter a beauty contest where each one struts his stuff to win first place on the Podium, and earn the exclusive associated rewards. As an integral part of the overall gameplay, the skins contest can influence the evolution of your pet and, more specifically, its "Charming" tendency.

Each week, there will be a new contest, split into three distinct phases:

• registration, during which the player is invited to take a screenshot of their pet, perfectly equipped and in a pose of their choice, to enter the contest
  • the first round, where each registered player is invited to vote from two different series of pets
  • the second round, where the top 10 pets with the most votes go through to a second round of voting by the players.
Note : This concept is currently still in the evaluation and design phase, so there's a chance it might change before the game is launched, especially in response to feedback you may give us during the Alpha and Beta stages.

Minigame Challenges

Do you remember that, in the previous article, we introduced different minigame concepts to be integrated into the app?

We've been working on a challenge system, integrated into the friend list, that would allow a player to invite their contacts to beat their score on a chosen minigame.
The rewards of the played game are locked until the challenge is over. The winner will get both their prize and their friend's prize. As for the loser... they can always try their luck on another challenge!

The chat

Whether you're new to the game or with friends, you can use the chat to communicate with other players at any time.

More than a simple conversation channel, we would like to offer "crush" interactions, showing one pet's feelings towards another, or the chance to issue a minigame challenge to an entire room.

There are still many points to be defined, technically and graphically, before we can get started on development. As such, the chat will arrive in game in a later stage.

In the meantime, we need you (always and forever!) to answer an important question for us: synchronous, or asynchronous? Let us explain!
With synchronous chat, you can exchange messages "live" and talk in real time. Asynchronous chat lets you send "delayed" messages, and receive answers later. Let us know your preferred option in the comments below!

First Ankama intervention

Replying to Quesoexcito

For now, we don't have any precise date but the game should be available on the stores in July. smile

See message in context
Reactions 19
Score : 2

I am really excited but can you please give us a date? Asap!

0 0

For now, we don't have any precise date but the game should be available on the stores in July. smile

Score : 47

Little more info on the delay for asynchronous before I can give an opinion answer; an hour,a day or some setup update time?

0 0

Hm it's difficult for us to give you an answer because we don't really designed this for now. But if you wonder if you will be able to find an old message in the asynchronous chat, yes of course.
Perhaps can you explain your opinion according to your various options?

Score : 17

For my part I prefer a live chat, the delayed chat does not really provide an optimal utility considering the type of game that is.

1 0
Score : 2

How can I play the closed beta?

0 0

The Beta isn't available yet. For now, we're luanching a first alpha test for the french speaking players (the game isn't translated yet!).

Score : 29

Looks awesome smile I'm not too sure about the skins challenge but the mini game challenges would be super fun! As for the chat, I'm leaning more towards the live chat but I think I have to agree with Dmeto about wanting a bit more information about the delayed chat system.

2 0
Score : 16

I've never used an asynchronous chat, but I believe the live chat is far better

1 0
Score : 1

If we are bilingual, will we have an opportunity to access the french alpha test? I definitely prefer live to asynchronous chat, but if both are at all possible it's always convenient to be able to choose!

0 0
I sent you a response but I dont seem to be able to see it :/ could you open the forum where these comments are?
0 0

Where is your comment?
The forum is now opened. smile

[XyaLe]| - ANKAMA - Yesterday - 12:34:48
Where is your comment?
The forum is now opened. smile

Lost it apperently??, I made a responce in my original comment tread above.
0 0
Score : 137

I hope that soon come the beta to test it. im alot bored and free time to test the app

0 0
Score : 19

I think that i would prefer a delayed chat because dofus pets it's not a game like dofus that you may be hours playing, is more casual, you connect 10 or 15 minutes and leave. So it would be great if it is like "emails" that yoy recibe and when you enter, you answer and so on, so the two persons don't have to be connected at the same time

0 0
Score : 1

I'd like to know about the area that says something like we need 250 and 500 gems to use pet in dofus/wakfu, can you explain to me? Because it was a free game, in other words, free to unlock the pets in dofus/wakfu

0 0
Score : 349

Free if you grind minigames forever. 5 gems every 10 lvs of a minigame so beat that 50 times and you get a free pet transfer~ Have fun

0 0
Respond to this thread